It is clear that Celtic will have to undergo a major overhaul if they are to make it back to the top of the Scottish Premiership. They could start that by signing the former Premier League midfielder, who is available for free at the moment.
According to French publication Le Parisien, Celtic have been offered the services of former Stoke City midfielder Gianelli Imbula. Primarily a defensive midfielder, he may provide a prudent long-term solution for long-time captain Scott Brown should he retire upon the season’s completion.
Imbula has played for clubs like Marseille, FC Porto and Stoke City throughout his career. Intriguingly, within this timespan, he accumulated a combined transfer cost of £46.58 million which demonstrates how highly he was rated at one point of time. He has also been capped by the Democratic Republic of Congo on two separate occasions
Despite this, his fortunes have taken a turn for the worst which currently leave him without a club after a spell with Russian Premier League side Sochi. Could this open the door for the Hoops to make an approach for the anchor man?
MORE FROM CELTIC FC NEWS
3 potential replacements for Jeremie Frimpong at Celtic
Jeremie Frimpong has completed untimely Celtic exit
Biggest hint yet that Celtic have decided Neil Lennon’s future
Celtic are about to make massive £10 million mistake
‘Horrendous’ wages of Celtic loan stars have been revealed
Imbula could be a shrewd signing for Celtic
Strong in the tackle and adept at shielding the ball in tight situations, Imbula is an imposing figure in the middle of the park. This could benefit the Hoops substantially, as his ball winning credentials and tendency to progress the ball to teammates may drive them up the pitch and initiate attacking moves in.
The club will need to get creative on the transfer front, due to the current financial impact of the pandemic. Free-agent markets potentially can provide them with an avenue of securing quality additions. At 28 years of age, there is real scope that Imbula could be a diamond in the rough should Neil Lennon dip into the market this month.
Advantageously, the Hoops could acquire Imbula even after the impending closure of the January window due to his status as a free agent.
— Read on thecelticbhoys.com/2021/01/27/celtic-former-premier-league-midfielder/
Twitter Maclad1888My Tweets
- 477,046 hits
Season 2020-21Celtic v HibsJanuary 11, 2020Celtic v Hibernian Kick Off 19-45 Scottish Premier League Celtic park Glasgow
- Report names three of Celtic’s summer want-aways | videocelts.com February 27, 2021
- Could This Benitez Quote Mean Big Things For Celtic? February 27, 2021
- Jonathan Gould on the managerial dark horse he believes could emulate Wim Jansen and Martin O’Neill at Celtic | HeraldScotland February 27, 2021
- Ex-Celtic boss Gordon Strachan likens Neil Lennon to Tommy Burns | Glasgow Times February 27, 2021
- Celtic hero John Hartson makes Neil Lennon ‘Irish Catholic’ claim on fan support | Glasgow Times February 27, 2021
- New contenders emerge to be next the Celtic manager February 26, 2021
- Rafa Benitez makes future admission amid Celtic links February 26, 2021
- The people who worked with Neil Lennon speak out … February 26, 2021
- Celtic Football Club Statement: Neil Lennon resigns – Official Celtic Football Club Website | celticfc.com February 24, 2021
- Scottish Government Official Finally Damns The Ibrox Five For Risking Public Health. | The Celtic Blog February 22, 2021
The Glasgow Celtic Show
- Follow The Celtic Footsoldiers 9 In a Row .. on WordPress.com